The comments function of the site is there to encourage anyone and everyone to speak up about what has been posted. While posts are generated by me, I welcome all feedback and wholeheartedly endorse discussion and interaction via comments. Whether you agree or disagree with me, want to seriously debate a topic, wish to express a different way of looking at something, or just want to add a quick emoticon, never hesitate to say what is on your mind when leaving a comment here. The only thing I ask is that you please follow and respect my rules.
- Please submit your comments only under the post to which they correspond.
- Never submit comments that violate someone else’s rights or the law (i.e., threatening someone).
- Comment moderation is currently enabled and may delay your post. You don’t have to resubmit if your comment doesn’t show up immediately; I promise it’s in there and I’ll get to it.
- Approved comments are permanent and will not be changed or deleted. If you wish to update your previous response, feel free to submit a new comment to clarify or augment your previous reply.
- On the outside chance I’ve closed comments on an entry to which you would like to respond, contact me via e-mail and I’ll help you out.
- Trackbacks and pingbacks which do not include a link to the post you are referencing will not be accepted.
- I have no problem with profanity (you’ll notice I use it myself), but please be sure it’s appropriate and not excessive. Basically put, no swearing for the sake of swearing.
- No flaming. I enthusiastically welcome and encourage lively discussion, debate and deliberation, but personal attacks with no redeeming value are verboten.
- Above all else, use common sense.
I reserve the right to edit or delete your comment if I deem it necessary, and that even if you have not broken any of these rules.
All comments are bound by these rules and any changes or additions to them that I may make from time to time, with or without notice to you.
I read all comments. Despite this, I may not respond to all of them. It is often better to let a comment stand on its own merits than it is to respond gratuitously just to say I responded to your comment. Don’t ever think I didn’t read what you said just because I didn’t respond to it specifically.